Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Pretty Perfect...to me!

The last couple months have been a struggle for our family. I have seen an overwhelming support of family, friends, neighbors, and ward members. People have been so compassionate and loving-no judgement. Last night I was able to have a minute to catch up on email. I put my favorites list on my Zune player. P!nk's "Pretty Perfect" played. I couldn't believe how similar the words relayed to my current thoughts:
You're so mean, When you talk,
About yourself, You are wrong.
Change the voices, In your head
Make them like you Instead.

So complicated,
Look happy, You'll make it!
Filled with so much hatred
Such a tired game.
It's enough, I've done all I can think of
Chased down all my demons, I've seen you do the same.

Oh, Pretty, pretty please
Don't you ever, ever feel
Like your less than less than perfect.
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you’re nothing
You are perfect to me.
Darrin, you're perfect to me!
Hopefully you'll feel the same about me.

No comments: