This past week-while Darrin was in Norway (he left right after Thanksgiving)-the three of us spent some time with my parents at their house. The children love spending time with their Nanny and Papa, and I could always use the extra help when Darrin is away. On Friday, mom and I ventured to WalMart (I really detest that store!). While looking for diapers, the children saw every which toy out for the holidays and of course they wanted everything-another reason why I hate the store. Any who, I caved in and bought them both a popcorn tin. The exhausted mother that I was (and am), I gave it to them before my dad had a chance to take Megan's picture. (Megan is actually wearing a nightgown from the Christmas I turned two.) You can see from the pictures that she was MAD when we took the tin away, even though it was just for a second. The drama child that she was, there wasn't even a tear shed...Mom (me) has all the reason to cry as Darrin flies to Texas in a couple of hours (and he just got back a couple of hours ago from Europe). Since Darrin hasn't been around, I am not feeling too festive this year, heck we don't even have a Christmas tree yet!
1 comment:
Cute pictures- the nightgown is gorgeous! I don't know how you do it with Darrin gone so much. Hang in there- you are amazing!!!
Post a Comment