Friday, April 04, 2008

Halley's Wedding

Darrin's brother, Halley, finally got married-LONG STORY! After a 3 week "notice" for the wedding and reception, and then just hours notice of the wedding colors, this is what we came up with for Jack and Megan. For their last minute surprise, the colors were changed to black and white. (Who does black and white in the Spring time????) Let me rephrase: Where in the HELL can you find black and white clothes for children the first of April? FYI: Salt Water Sandals have overnight delivery-the perfect shoes for children.

Fortunately, I have the best neighbors who allowed me to borrow clothes for Jack (black cords) and Megan (dress and hair ribbon) b/c after spending several hours shopping over the weekend (we were only told Saturday night [reception Thursday] that the bride and groom now wanted black and white instead of purple-gggrrrrr), I didn't have any luck finding black clothes; however, I found lots of pinks, yellows, blue dresses and shirts. Hello, this is what happens when you fail to plan a little ahead-hint hint! Didn't the bride or groom ever see "Father of the Bride"? No wait, they were barely talking & walking in the early '90s! ...ok enough said.







5 comments:

Jana said...

Aly, so cute. Where is Darrin? J/k Megan looks so very sweet! Turned out?

Kiersten Allred said...

This post totally made my day! They looked adorable nonetheless!

Cheryl Anne said...

Despite the drama, they look SOOOO cute! :)

Corrine said...

they look so cute, and that black and white dress on megan is so darling, and surprisingly very springy!

Unknown said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments. I admit, that I thought my kiddos looked cute too. Thank goodness for neighbors who have older children... Needless to say, I am thrilled this wedding is over, and it's not even mine!