Saturday, April 19, 2008

This is what 13.1 miles looks like!

Saturday, April 19, 2008- I and my two good friends-Tami and Alysia-ran the Salt Lake City Marathon/ Half Marathon. (Alysia and I ran the half while Tami ran the whole-go Tami!) The only picture Darrin got of me is when I was just about the cross the finish line at The Gateway in downtown SLC. Unfortunately, my MP3 player died just after 3 miles-ggrrr. So I sang to myself the rest of the way-not fun, especially when I hit mile 10 and just about wanted to be done! Well, needless to say, I ran all 13.1 miles in one hour and forty eight minutes and one sec- 1:48:01. I beat my last run by over 15 minutes! I couldn't believe it. I actually ran the first 8 miles in one hour and four minutes. I am starting to think I need to train a little harder to run a little faster...aahhh, maybe next year...today, it just hurts to sit or walk down stairs.

That night, Alysia (left), Tami (middle) and I celebrated with our families by going out to dinner. We indulged on our every want. Ok, so I still ordered a Diet Coke, but I did get dessert to go. These two friends have become my sweetest and dearest. It's funny that something as simple as running could bring us together and what's even more fun, I just adore their families. (Alysia actually has triplet boys just 10 days younger than Megan-so fun!) Girls, we may just have to do this again...next year though, as I need a break.

5 comments:

Jana said...

Hey lady, you guys rock! I wish I could run! Maybe that should be a goal. yah? I'm so proud of you!

Spar-Mar Girl said...

Congratulations! I'm impressed you ran the whole way-I'm still working on a 5k!

Cheryl Anne said...

wow, I'm so impressed!! Running has never been a strength of mine... maybe someday I'll work on that.

Corrine said...

way to go!!! thats awesome!

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Good Job Aly. That is quite an accomplishment. I really respect people who can just run like that. I think the only time I ever really ran for exercise was in Hawaii. It was easy there with the sea level. Once I moved to Utah I was out of hope because I couldn't breathe.