Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Jack!

The Birthday Boy!



Our Little Megan actually took this picture of Darrin-not too bad for a 3 year old!


This past weekend, I was rummaging through all my old scrapbooks. (No, they’re not the prettiest, but am grateful I have these records, pictures, and notes to help me remember.) I actually found my old journal that I used to keep while I was working at Novell. I would occasionally write down the events in our lives, our journeys and adventures, as well as the development of our new little boy.
Well, I came across this entry:
Friday, May 7, 2004 “…Jackson continues to grow every day. Last night I was just staring at him when I realized that he isn’t a newborn any more, or at least he doesn’t look like one. He is starting to look like a baby. It is so fun to watch him grow and develop because before we know it, we will be sending him off to kindergarten.”

Well, he’s not off to kindergarten quite yet, but our first little one-Jack-turned five today. Our little boy has turned five years old today. It’s so amazing to see him grow and learn, but know how quickly the time is passing. Jack is such a fun little boy, so very active. He loves riding his bike and riding it fast. He also loves to do puzzles and is very good at them.

He’s become more sensitive this past year; things are really affecting him by what we say or do. He’s taking notice, becoming more aware. In fact, he’s always been my sensitive one. A few years ago, Jack was barely two-if that. I was having a really hard day. He came into my room, as I knelt beside my bed, sobbing. Jack didn’t say a word, but walked over to me, looked at me, and hugged me. What a sweet little boy.
Happy Birthday, Jack!

3 comments:

Andrea Almond said...

Happy Birthday Jack!!! He has grown up fast, I was just remembering when we first met you guys and he was only 3. Time flies. The kids had a great time at the party!!!

Corrine said...

we love jack too! he is a wonderful boy!

Jana said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Jack! Cute, sweet Jack. He has grown so much this last year. I love having him over he really is a sweet kid.