Thursday, February 05, 2009

We're soooooo ready for Spring!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 in Utah- Jack suggested that we go to the park and have a picnic lunch. According to Jack, once the sun is out, it's shorts and park time... I offered an alternative to the park: our own backyard. We made tuna sandwiches with chips and apples and a drink. Despite the snow, the "warm" sun actually felt good. We had a great time eating our lunches, playing on the playscape and then sitting on our favorite rock to savor up the moment with "Creamies" popsicles. It was actually the perfect picnic. If only Spring would come and last until July! I think all three of us are already suffering from "pre" Spring Fever!







To give you an idea of the kind of weather we're having in Utah, this is my north facing backyard. Yep, that's snow.


When Megan sees me taking pictures, she begs for her turn. So these are her pictures of our picnic lunch outside. Unfrotunately, I let her take the pictures after she was playing in the sandbox. Now the darn thing is filled with sand. Darrin, it's time for yet another digital camera.
4 February 2009


3 comments:

Tricia said...

I couldn't agree more. Your picnic looks fun though!

Jana said...

Spring....6 more weeks....whatever!!! Stupid groundhog. Yes...looks like you guys had fun! You have such cute kiddies!

Stacey said...

I love it!! It looks like a fabulous afternoon!