Sunday, May 02, 2010

Salt Lake City Half Marathon 2010

A few years ago, I started the running kick and haven't been able to let it go. This year I ran the Salt Lake Half marathon on Saturday, April 17th, 2010. Out of almost 4700 participants, I placed #219 overall with a time of 1:38:04-my best time ever. (Which means I averaged around 7 minute miles for all 13.1 miles!) Hopefully my next half I can beat that time. My goal: under 1:30 by the end of the year. A little lofty, especially with my strained hamstring, but motivated to keep going.


My children-Surrey, Jack, and Megan- wait at the finish line at The Gateway in downton SLC.


Running through The Gateway, just about to cross the finish line, wearing the the white and black.


We DID IT!!! Jack, Mommy (Aly), and Megan


2 comments:

Tricia said...

Well done Aly! That's awesome!

Unknown said...

Your 1/2 ROCKED! That time is AMAZING! When I grow up, I want to be you!! HOLY COW!!! :) You'll get that sub 1:30!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!