Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Ward Christmas Party

Saturday, December 4, 2010
Santa visited our ward Christmas party this past weekend. Jack and Megan loved sitting on his lap and tell him everything they wanted for Christmas. Surrey, on the other hand, couldn't get off his lap fast enough.
I think it's pure irony that we teach our children to be afraid of strangers, in fact, to avoid them. We teach them to not allow others to touch or be cautious when it comes to personal space. But for some reason, we shove our children onto the lap of an old, huge, red, and fluffy man and share with him all your deepest desires...Hello child, go ahead sit on his lap and like it! ;)
I do like to believe that Santa represents all the good in humanity, the innocence and kindness that many have forgotten. I hope that I can instill those values in my children, but first, I need to keep them within myself. And tis the season to be Merry and Kind...
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Corrine said...

look at poor surrey! cute picture.