Sunday, April 03, 2011

Megan and the dinner battle



Sunday, April 3, 2011- We fixed hamburgers and pasta salad for dinner, nothing weird, but fun and good on this Spring weekend. Well, our Megan absolutely didn't want to eat any of it. In fact, she told us so. So we sent her to her room until she wanted to come join us for dinner. After several minutes, I went to her room to check on her. She had fallen asleep. When I put a blanket on her and a pillow under her head, she woke up. And after long negotiations, she agreed to eat her hamburger and 5 bites of salad. (I agreed to have pizza for dinner on Friday...yes, I am a sucker.) Well, her obstinacy won out yet again. As I went to give her sister a bath, Darrin told me to check on "your daughter" (as he didn't want to claim ownership in stubbornness). She had fallen asleep, yet again, at the kitchen table without touching her salad. Give her kudos, as she took a couple of bites of the hamburger...








What am I going to do, as she is no different than I? She is only learning to be obstinate and stubborn from me. Yes, I need to be better. But like mother, like daughter is so true in this situation. But it's not pasta salad I fight over...that's another subject on another day. :)

No comments: