Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Father's Day 2011!

I know that I was blessed to be born into a family with extraordinary parents and siblings. My father is truly a golden star. The past couple of years through health challenges, I have come to pray, plead, and ask for just a little more time with the greatest father I know. And fortunately, through my loving Father in Heaven, He has allowed that. I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks to build more memories of him for myself and my children. The other fabulous father I personally know is the father of my children. I love him. I love him. I love him. Each day I recognize more and more how imperfect we both are as parents-children love to help you learn those valuable lessons-but I know wouldn't trade our children in for the world. Parenthood is a bless'ed experience for all those given the opportunity to be one.


Sunday morning-the day after the race-we woke up, ready to go celebrate Father's Day. Since we weren't home-we actually are technically "homeless" at the moment-we walked over to the local family owned homestyle restaurant for a yummy, warm, made with a little extra TLC hearty breakfast. I actually ate the best omellete ever. After our tummies were full, we got back in the car for yet another long drive to Northern Utah. We stopped in BC to spend the afternoon and evening with the Allred family. It was great to get out of the car for the day and enjoy the company of our in laws.


Sunday, June 19, 2011

Boise, Idaho

No comments: