Tuesday, June 21, 2011

See Aly Run...

About 6 months ago my sister, Corrine, approached me with the idea of meeting her family (with mine) in Boise over Father's Day weekend to run the official: "See Jane Run" Half Marathon. After much thought, I signed up for yet another one. This, however, would be Corrine's first. Of all the half's I have run-and hope to run many more-this was one of the best, by far. First, it's all women, duh? And secondly, it was all flat and paved (most of the way). We ran along the green belt running path the whole way. We ran by the river, through a beautiful neighborhood, fabulous outdoor shopping, center, back on the path and into the park-where the starting and finishing lines were. It was fun, encouraging, and a great way to spend a couple of hours with my sister. Hope to do it again next year, as I can't convince her to run again any time soon. Any who, this is us, just about ready to run.


We had the best cheerleaders at mile 12. It was so encouraging to see their faces and slap their hands as we ran past them. Love them all!



We did it. Yep, all 13.1 miles across Boise. We got our medals, chocolates, and wine glass to show we actually did it. I am so proud of Corrine. She should be thrilled. Now, I just have to convince her to do it again... next year!

13.1 miles down! Now if only I could get skinnier legs.
Maybe I need to eat less MnMs? Probably.

Saturday, June 18, 2011


No comments: