Monday, October 29, 2012

Megan's Birthday Aprons

For those that know me well, know that I don't sew.  I tried once and it was a nightmare of a Laurel Project in my California Ward.  Well, that experience was so frightening, I have never touched a sewing maching since.  When my parents came out in September, I finally made the investment and bought a sewing machine for my mom to use when we would visit.  (We were using so many friends that I thought it was time that I at least I had my own for my mom to use.)
 
Well, it was decided that Megan wanted a cooking birthday party.  My good friend, Anne, made some fun suggestions.  One of which would be for each girl to have her own apron.  We went shopping to get all the good stuff.  Well, time is drawing near and I was/am getting a little nervous.  So I pulled out the fabric, cut each piece out while Darrin read the instructions of how to use the sewing machine.  And sure enough, Darrin learned how to sew.  No, no, no not me, Darrin!  Darrin sewed 12 aprons this weekend.  We still need to sew on the pockets and ribbon, but hey, I am quite impressed with my hubby!
 

 


No comments: