Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Rocky Balboa


Oh Yes, I am a huge Rocky fan. In fact in my both my MP3 player and I Pod, I have the Rocky soundtrack on them. Who doesn't get motivated to run faster when listening to "The Eye of the Tiger" or "Gonna Fly Now" (aka Rocky Theme). And yes, I actually bought that soundtrack my last year at BYU, long before the release of the final Rocky series. In fact, Darrin even surprised me for Christmas and bought me the Rocky movie pack-ALL 5 MOVIES!!! How did he know??? (Ssshhh, he is getting the 6th one for Father's Day. ) I know, totally selfish of me, but he actually loved Rocky Balboa. We (Darrin and myself) watched it Saturday night. Ok, I actually fell asleep half way through. That's what happens now every time I pop in a movie (training for a marathon is wearing me out!). I did manage to wake up at the very end when "the decision" was made. Of course, Rocky is the winner in my book! I do admit that I was a little bummed when I saw that Talia Shire's character was dead and so not in the movie. How could they kill Adrian...Yo Adrian... Oh well, she's getting older too. Now, I am determined to see the second half this week while Darrin is in San Francisco. Plus, I need to watch it before it's due back!



Con't...
I saw the second half of the movie and LOVED IT! What's even better, the movie is rated PG. A good and clean movie, it doesn't get better than that. I do wish though that they had kept the final interview with Mason Dixon from the deleted alternate ending-wise words! Overall, I just loved the theme of the movie-when life knocks ("punches") you down, you keep getting up, only to fight harder.
I know that the ratings for the movie were poor, but I would give it an A. But what do you expect from a Rocky fan!

No comments: