Saturday, June 30, 2007

Friday, June 29, 2007-the tattle tale boy

Our Tattle Tale...Jack and I were in my bedroom, doing what, I can't remember. All I remember is seeing Jack stumble off the bed and onto the floor. (He wasn't hurt badly, just stunned.) I asked him what happened and he immediately responded with: "Megan pushed me." Well, we both knew Megan was taking a nap and so I relayed that to him. Jack looked at me, thought for a second and then said: "Megan hit me." "Jack, Megan is sleeping; she didn't hit you." He thought again for a second: "Mommy pushed me." Well, I would know if I hit or pushed Jack, and I can say that I didn’t. Jack's too young to learn about rhetoric. (For those who don't know, if I had asked Jack who pushed him, already knowing the answer, that would be considered a rhetorical question.) So I asked Jack again what happened, he then said: "Halley pushed me!" (Halley is our neighbor and I knew she wasn't there.) I then said to Jack: "Did Jack push you?" Jack finally responded with: "I fell!" Ok, finally...now I am starting to wonder all the times Jack says that Megan pushed, hit, or bit Jack, did it really happen? I guess this all a part of growing up and putting blame on someone else for our silly mistakes...

No comments: