6am-wake up and go running with my neighbor.
9:00am-take a shower. Jack and Megan manage to pull all the Q-tips out of the box and dump in the jetted tub with the water on...then find my laptop battery only to join the Q-tips. In my frustration, I tell the children to help clean-up. Jack then sings: "Clean-up, Clean-up, everybody, everybody, clean-up..." How can you be mad when your child is singing to Barney?
10:30am-Write an e-mail when Jack comes into my bedroom with whipping cream all over his face. "Mommy, I found the milk..." You sure did! To my horror, Jack and Megan pulled everything out of the freezer and then dump the dozen of eggs from the fridge on top of "their mess." And oh what a mess it was. Very calmly I placed Megan in her cribby with her blanket and binky, while Jack got locked in his room for a long time out! After cleaning up, I let Jack out of his room, Megan is asleep. Hallelujah the worst is over! Wrong.
11:30am-Since my little curious angel is asleep, I decided to clean my bathroom since Jack was busy doing other things...so I thought. While I was busy with the Soft Scrub (with bleach, might I add), Jack managed to get into my make-up and rub mascara all over his face and body. He also mixed my lip gloss with my mascara. (A little frustrated as my lip gloss is $14 a stick!) I tried washing it off, but by this time, who cares, right? I was beyond myself. Now it just looks like I beat my child.
12:30pm-LUNCH TIME! Despite everything that happened this morning, I thought that tuna sandwiches with chips would be the best thing for us, and of course, lots of Diet Coke for me. With all my stress and anxiety, I pulled out a bag of Nacho Cheese Dorrito's. Jack and I enjoyed the moment, until my cute neighbor- Andrea- called. As we were talking, I heard two children laughing and what sounded like having a good time. (I was too busy on the phone chatting to notice that Jack got away...with the Dorrito's.) Well to my utter horror, Jack climbed in Megan's crib, dumped to brand new bag of Dorrito's out on her mattress. Those two found it amusing to jump on them, watching chips crumble and fly around her bed and floor. All I could do was laugh because I was surely beyond myself and reasonable sanity.
OK, where's the Calgon to take me away...I still have a good 5 hours till Daddy comes home.
No comments:
Post a Comment