Darrin's parents invited him and the children to go 4 wheeling with them in Park City today. Darrin gave me the choice to stay home and do whatever I wanted sans les enfants... Talk about every mother's dream. So this is my day:
We all woke up around 8am (though got a phone call from the in-laws around 7:30, but I thought: "What the hey, I am going to sleep in since I don't actually have to get up). Back track here-yesterday was Pioneer Day and so we were all up late at our neighborhood BBQ and fireworks till about 10:30pm. So the children were plenty tired. Jack also woke up around 3am with growing pains. So with Tylenol and rubbing, he fell asleep in my bed next to me. Somewhere around 6am-no actual clue, as I was exhausted, Megan crawled into bed with us. So all 4 of us, woke up in my bed around 8am. Jack just couldn't sleep any longer, knowing he was going 4 wheeling, though I am not sure he really knew what that was.
So they all take off around 8:30am. I head out the door shortly after to head over to the gym to enjoy a long run without the weight of my children in the daycare. (The daycare is fabulous, don't get me wrong. Jack and Megan are just getting a little tired of it. I admit that they go almost every day.) So I was able to watch Fox News without any worries and without any time constraints!
After my nice run (6 miles in about 55 minutes), I took a shower, got ready, and headed out to Costco-my favorite store. I was able to shop, buy everything on my list (no "extra" items b/c the children are screaming for them), and drink my Diet Coke peacefully as I roamed the store, chatting with my mom. Upon returning home, I unloaded the car, fixed lunch, and watched "House" without interruptions, fighting, or crying. Amazing!
Once my show was over (thank goodness for DVRs), I cleaned all my bathrooms in one afternoon. Man, I forget how quickly I can clean bathrooms (takes about an hour) when I don't have children bugging me. On a normal day (meaning the children are home with me), it takes most of the morning to clean all my bathrooms. For some of you, I LOVE to clean bathrooms. I love to get on my hands and knees and scrub around the toilets, the floors, the tubs, vanity, etc... and truly deep clean them. I love the lemony pinesol smell and the sparkling toilet, sinks, and mirror. I am truly happy when I know my bathrooms are clean. I know, I am utterly weird.
Darrin and the children still weren't home yet and so I thought I would attempt to make Darrin's birthday: "La Bete Noire" (The Black Beast) out of my Gourmet magazine. I did make it, but we'll see tomorrow... Darrin is going to be in Seattle for his birthday and so we are celebrating it tomorrow night. I cleaned up my mess and the family walked in. I can't remember the last time I spent an afternoon alone, yet alone a whole day. Talk about my perfect day.
2 comments:
I am so glad you had a day to yourself!! You really deserve them once in awhile. Too funny, part of it was cleaning, but thats you! My weekend was amazing! I wish I could do that once a month!!! Chat with ya soon!
wanna come clean my bathroom? (warning, 8 year old with bad aim lives here) :)
Post a Comment