Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Reminiscing


Yesterday, I helped my mom sort and distribute Grandmother and Granddad's photos. Some of their photo albums date well back before I was born...before some of their own children were born. As soon as I can get my scanner back working-my scanner helper boy is not answering his cell phone-I will post some really fun photos. Well, it was surely fun to run down memory lane with several of them. This was the Ford Clan almost 30 years ago. This is one of the few and rare photos of my dad with brown hair and then Marion's haircut is actually back in style, scary! From the look on Adam's face, he was thrilled to be there... For all those who wonder where Megan gets her hair, see! Before I had children, my hair was naturally blond.



This picture has nothing to do with the Nelson Grandparents. This is Grandpa Ford (my dad's dad) with Adam, Dan, Corrine, Grandpa Ford holding me, and my dad. This is the very last time we (OK me) saw him alive. He died shortly after of throat cancer. Both my dad's parents died in the 60s (young, I think). I really wish he lived longer so that I could have grown up with him. I would have especially loved for Jack to have known him. Fortunately, I still have my dad around to be the perfect Grandfather to him.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Aly you are so very cute. I didn't even have to look hard to see which one was you. You look the same. Funny huh?

Jessica Simonsen Howard said...

Awesome! I love looking at old pictures as well. Corrine's hair is awesome as well. Fun times and yeah Adam doesn't look like he is enjoying himself at all. So goes family pictures sometimes.