
President Hinckley, the Prophet of the LDS church passed away almost a week ago. It was a sad moment for many LDS members, but also glorious to know that he would be once again reunited with his beautiful wife, Marjorie, as well as other family and friends who have gone beyond the veil. President Hinckley was truly a beloved Prophet of our time. Speaking of his long-time “cherished friend and colleague” and fellow Church leader, President Thomas S. Monson paid tribute to Gordon B. Hinckley Saturday as a “giant among men.”
Quoting an unnamed poet, President Monson said: “‘Here and there, and now and then, God makes a giant among men.’ President Hinckley was such a giant – a giant of knowledge, of faith, of testimony, of compassion, of vision.” He will surely be missed, but like many others, I know that I will see him again. "[May] God be with you 'till we meet again."
When I was at formerly Ricks College, Elder Hinckley (at the time) came and spoke to us. He gave us the "Five Be's...". A year later, at BYU-Hawaii President Hinckley came and spoke to us and gave us the "Six Be's." In General Conference a couple years later, President Hinckley gave that talk again, present the six be's... Since that time, the "be's" have grown, but I will always remember them to be:
*Be Grateful
*Be Smart
*Be Clean
*Be True
*Be Humble
*Be Prayerful
To view a tribute to President Hinckley, please go to the link below:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7433508959787481703&hl=en
No comments:
Post a Comment