Monday, September 22, 2008

The Arches-Moab, Utah

September 11-14, 2008-Moab, Utah "The Arches" National Park
We took a mini break/vacation and headed to Moab, Utah to visit The Arches National Park and The Canyonlands National Park. We went with Darrin's boss and friend(s): The Peterson's (Brennan, Suzanne, Kelsey, and Ashley). I actually agreed to sleep in a tent and on the hard desert floor for 3 nights and 4 full days. We all had a great time camping though. Jack and Megan loved the HUGE sandbox! Everywhere we went, there was sand, and every time we took on clothes, changed a diaper, took off shoes, the sand came too. It's amazing how the stuff seems to multiply as well.








Saturday, we drove to the Canyonlands National Park. It looks a lot like The Grand Canyon (at least what I perceive it to look like). It's breathtaking and a little nerve wrecking with two small, busy, and fast children. Fortunately, we all stayed safe.





We hiked out to the Window Arches Sunday morning. (This is day 4 without a shower!) I was too lazy to change out of my PJs. What the hay, we're headed home and so wanted to be comfy.
Thanks Brennan and Suzanne for such a memorable trip! Next time, Tahoe and in a cabin :):).

2 comments:

Corrine said...

looks like a lot of fun. i heard one of the arches fell...

cute background

Jana said...

OK, through the issues you got some great pictures! Memories! I am tagging you. It is an easy one at that. Have a good day!