Sunday, June 29, 2008
Green Thumb
Sunday, June 29, 2008-I am anything but green. Darrin and I gave up on our yard in Highland (all 1/3 acres) because it was just more than we could handle. Instead, we now have .28 acres and it is still more than we can handle, though this time, we have less lawn to take care of. In this house, I wanted to dedicate an area to an actual garden in hopes that I might actually grow vegetables. (I attempted last summer. I ended up with A LOT of cucumbers, really strong radishes, and lots of green tomatoes. [My tomatoes all popped out late October...]) So once again, I am attempting a garden in hopes that I might actually grow enough of something to can. I can already see my tomatoes coming up, along with yellow zucchini, carrots (not shown) and plums (not shown). My $12 cherry trees from Costco and Lowe's seem to be holding up well. Now if only they could produce shade and fruit. Next year?




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL, another friend of mine blogged about her garden today too! if you get a chance, it was a fun read: http://littlepatchofcrazy.blogspot.com/
I can't wait for some yummy goods! You are planning on sending some of that my way, right?
your garden looks beautiful
Nice, I wish I could get that going. I really am not a green thumb. The only stuff I can keep alive are bulbs.
Post a Comment