![]()
Did you watch the debate? On factcheck.org, it says that Obama plans to cut back so much that we will have a surplus of $850? Billion dollars. In fact, they state that with his deductions, he will actually go over $350 billion dollars, only adding to the deficit. Secondly, when McCain announced the $300 billion bail out-so to speak-of the mortgage crisis. That money has already been allocated (almost 6 months ago) and in fact and is not part of the $700 billion dollar bailout. So when people hear another $300 billion mortgage thing, it’s not new money. I wish McCain could have clarified that.
Lastly, for anyone who has ever lived (not vacationed, but lived) outside the United States, knows very well that national healthcare isn't a solution. I firmly believe in the notorious phrase: "You get what you pay for." When the government starts taking control of the healthcare, do you believe it's their first priority when it comes to budgets? Where do you think the government gets their money to back up their government funded health care-from us. When we lived in England, we were taxed at 40%. 40% for anyone making over something like $50,000 year! Also, for those of us who have lived outside the US know that you are no longer allowed to choose your doctor; one is allocated to you by where you live. Your doctors work the normal 9-5 shift. When times of emergency and need to take that trip to the ER, all I can say is: "take a number and get in line."
When I shattered my ankle on my mission in France, I remember vididly my hospital experience. After surgery, I woke up in a waiting room, no nurse or doctor to me found. They were literally taking a smoking break! The pain was unbearable. The hospital didn't have ice for the swelling. So my companions froze water bottles and brought them to me to ice my toes (as they were the only visible thing out of the bandages). I had cockroaches in my room and no air conditioning. When I was released almost a week later, my companions escorted me out of the hospital, no wheel chair, no crutches. I had to go buy them myself, along with the materials for my cast! Yes, my cast. My companions had to buy the plaster and bandages for my cast.
When we moved to England, we happened to have moved to one of the most populated counties in England-Surrey-next to London. It tooks months before we were assigined to the local doctor and that was on the notion that we promised to never get sick...literally, they asked me that. Well, having only been in England two months, I had an UTI-awful! Since I didn't have a doctor and wasn't a UK citizen, the only place that would treat me was the AIDS/STD department at the East Surrey hospital. It was awful. (Darrin's company was fortunate enough to offer us private insurance and in time, we learned how to use it, but it wasn't convenient. [We were only allowed to go to two hospitals: Gatwick BUPA and one in downtown London.]) Needless to say, I firmly believe that healthcare is a priviledge, not a right.
3 comments:
ALY! Hello, CUTE BLOG, was happy to find you here!
Eve:)
all i can say is amen!
Yes! If Americans want Socialism vote for Obama:(
Post a Comment