Monday, July 23, 2007

I Love You, Darrin!

July 2007
The other day, while driving into work, an old familiar tune on the radio played. As I drove and listened to the words, I began to cry because as I contemplated more about what the song was about, the more I realized (and remembered) why I married the man that I did. With the recent events in our personal lives, yes, I love you just the way you are, Darrin.


Don't go changing, to try and please me;

You never let me down before.

Don't imagine you're too familiar

And I don't see you anymore.

I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble

We never could have come this far

I took the good times, I'll take the bad times

I'll take you just the way you are. ...


I need to know that you will always be

The same old someone that I knew

What will it take till you believe in me

The way that I believe in you.


I said I love you and that's forever

And this I promise from the heart

I could not love you any better

I love you just the way you are.

"Just The Way You Are" by Billy Joel

No comments: