Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Jack has started saying some unusual things lately like: "I want to kill you." I will proudly admit that that isn't one of my notorious sayings. If he was swearing at another driver or shouting: "It's so bloody hot!!!" than I take full responsibility, but killing or hurting someone isn't something I say. Well, this morning started off quite interesting. Just like every morning, we have family prayer before Darrin heads off to work. On this particular morning, we were all in the kitchen because I was making Darrin's lunch before he headed out the door. Just as I told Jack to fold his arms, he cried: "My turn! My turn!" (That is what he says when he wants to bless the food first. [Darrin or myself will usually follow with a second prayer to actually pray for the things we need.]) Well Jack's prayer went like this: "Dear Heavn'ly Fadder, bless the pizza (yes, I was feeding Jack pizza for breakfast), bless dad not kill us, bless Megan not hurt me, Christ, Amen." I will gladly admit that I am less than perfect at everything, yes, even motherhood, but that was a prayer beyond my control or beyond "the norm" of our usual prayers. I think that we need to cut back on Spongebob, Spiderman, and whatever else he is watching...because we usually don't ask daddy to not kill us today in our family prayers. On the flip side, I could look at this as our prayers are being answered, as Darrin hasn't killed me yet (and believe me, I am sure he has wanted to many of times...). Fortunately, I married an incredible husband. Now, we just have to work on Jack and his prayers.

No comments: