Saturday, July 21, 2007

Jack needs stitches...

Darrin and I always feared the day when one of our children would need to be rushed to the ER for stitches or a broken arm, etc... Well it finally happened, and I wasn't even there. What kind of mom am I?


Yesterday, we were at the pool swimming with neighbor friends. Megan was getting tired and so I took her home to put her down for a nap. I thought that I would change my clothes as well, since I could feel my shoulders frying already. I left Jack there playing with his buddy, Cade (Cade's mom [Andrea] was there). Jack, the little stinker, tried sneaking into the pool without his floaties, but when Andrea yelled to him, he flinched while jumping in. Needless to say, he hit his chin against the pool deck. He hit it so hard that he broke the skin all the way to the bone. Well 30 stitches later, a gash about an inch and a half wide and a bruised chin, Jack seems to be doing well. I will give him until the codine wears off!


(Accident occurred Friday, July 20, 2007, but these pictures were taken Saturday, July 21, 2007.)

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Oh poor guy! It's an awful feeling when that happens. I hope he feels better soon!