Saturday, August 16, 2008

Olympics Swimming

Dara Torres, Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, Natalie Coughlin-you name 'um, We've watched them. It's amazing to me each Olympics, how much better, faster, and well trained these Athletes are. Dara Torres gives many women (and mom's) new inspiration as to balancing it all. Watching Ryan win the gold for backstroke or watching Michael barely win the 100m Fly, I felt like crying right there with them. Watching their accomplishments, seeing their victory, and enjoying their moment-wow! They make me want to run a little harder, eat a little less, and truly relish in the joys of my children. And yes, we-Darrin and myself-have great visions for our 2 little fish. (Thye both just love the water so much. Almost like they were born to swim.) Maybe one day, and if not, in four years from now, we will once again, sit down, snap open the Diet Pepsi and watch our Americans win Gold.






1 comment:

Jana said...

I have to agree. Swimming was really fun to watch this time around. They are amazing! By the way, I forgot to tell you earlier your sauce was so, so yummy. Trent and I really enjoyed it. Thank you so much!